Tony Finau, a popular golfer, has had the misfortune of becoming another name on a list that many athletes try their best to avoid, after injuring himself during celebrations.
Finau’s celebrations were thanks to a brilliant hole-in-one during a Par 3 contest at the Augusta National. While celebrating, it appeared as though he had dislocated his ankle after jumping in happiness. Onlookers looked concerned as Finau had to then pop his ankle back.
The golfer, 28, continued to play in the National, but declined to comment on what had transpired, only telling reporters that he intended to get his ankle seen to. Finau is just another athlete to accidentally add his name to a list of others, all of which had gained fame thanks to embarrassing sporting moments.
Some of the most famous of these blunders include:
- Redskins Quarterback Gus Frerotte, which celebrated a touchdown in 1997 by going head-first into a wall and ending up with a sprained neck.
- Cardinals Kicker Bill Gramatica who was so enthralled with his first field goal that he sustained a knee-injury after landing too hard from a jump.
- Hamburg soccer player Nicolai Muller, who tore his ACL after celebrating a little too hard once he’d scored the first goal of the season.
- Angels Hitter Kendrys Morales, who accidentally broke his leg while attempting to jump on the home plate.
- Bears Player Lamarr Houston who suffered an ACL tear after celebrating a sack against opposing player Jimmy Garoppolo.
|1||5/5||100% Match up to $250|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||Deposit $100 & Get $100|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||100% Match up to $501|| Bet now|
|4||4.7/5||100% Match up to $200|| Bet now|