Postecoglou Drops Bomb Of The Year

November 27, 2017 by

Ange Postecoglou Drops The Bomb

Some saw it coming, others find it unthinkable – Ange Postecoglou has quit the Socceroos ahead of the 2018 World Cup tournament.  Postecoglou dropped the bomb on Wednesday at a press conference when he appeared alongside FFA boss David Gallop.  An obviously emotional Postecoglou said that it had been a very tough decision to make and even tougher to follow through on and that it had called for a great deal of soul searching.

Postecoglou went on to say that it had been a privilege to coach the national soccer team and that coaching Australian players had been a great honour, especially since the choice to pursue playing football in Australia was a tough road to follow; one that required a great deal of courage and determination.

When asked whether the players already knew, Postecoglou responded by saying that he had not spoken to the team beforehand as it had been too tough, but that he would be in contact with each of them as it was their journey that would continue.

Rumours Of Internal Battles Denied

Postecoglou denied the presence of internal battles in the ranks of the leadership, saying that he was the kind of guy that would rather stay and fight the fight than leave on the back of unfinished business and disagreement.

He also said that the team would not have been able to achieve what they did had there been internal friction in the ranks of the management and players.

David Gallop wished Postecoglou well, saying that he (Gallop) was especially proud of the fact that the world had seen that it was possible for an Australian coach to coach the national Australian side and that Postecoglou would be considered a friend of Australian football going forward, having made a prominent mark on the team.

Gallop had been eager to retain Postecoglou in the run up to the announcement, especially after he had coached the Socceroos to a 3-1 win over Honduras.

What’s Next?

Gallop announced that the FFA would not be in a hurry to appoint a replacement for Postecoglou.  Postecoglou in turn said that he would have no involvement in selecting his successor.  Gallop said that much of what Postecoglou had put in place would be utilised going forward and that 80% of the current squad was at the correct age to be approaching their peak.

As for Postecoglou, the plan is to spend some time with his family before accepting any future appointments.

TOP australian betting SITESMay 2018
#SiteAURatingBonusBet
1 IE allowed5/5100% Match up to $250 Bet now
Review
2 IE allowed4.9/5Deposit $100 & Get $100 Bet now
Review
3 IE allowed4.8/5100% Match up to $501 Bet now
Review
4 IE allowed4.7/5100% Match up to $200 Bet now
Review

Fred Johnson

More About

Fred Johnson is an avid sports betting enthusiast and a qualified journalist. He discovered online betting while at college, and it piqued his interest.
Fred has found a way to combine his love of sports and betting with his journalism career, and he always has his finger on the pulse of what’s happening in every arena. He’s not only keen on sports of all kinds, he is set on providing readers with an unbalanced, unbiased view of what’s going on in the world. He’s a valuable member of the AustralianBettingSites.net.au team, and brings a wealth of expertise to the table.

View Posts - Visit Website